OxyWatch C20 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- Manufacturer: ChoiceMMed
- Application: Measuring Pulse or Blood Oxygenation
- Color: Yellow
- Product Number: MASMD300C20
- Power Consumption: Less than 40mA
- Power Usage: Two AAA 1.5V Alkaline Batteries
- Length: 2.17 in. (5.5 cm)
- Width: .59 in. (1.5 cm)
- Height: .98 in. (2.5 cm)
- Weight: .13 lbs. (59 g)
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. Warranty doesn’t apply if damage has been done to the equipment due to mishandling, abuse, accident, or not following operating instructions. Warranty doesn’t extend to display face, batteries, carrying pouch, or lanyard.
The ChoiceMMed C20 OxyWatch C20 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter measures the amount of oxygen in flowing blood, along with the user’s pulse. Using a red-infrared source to measure a proportion of oxygenated red protein in the blood, an oximeter like this can help athletes and pilots identify blood flow without using a blood sample, according to “The use … of pulse oximetry…” article.
Patients who have been involved in fires or had carbon monoxide poisoning may find their measurements to be off when using this device, according to the World Health Organization. Additionally, those who have dark fingernail polish, artificial nails, or dirty fingers may find difficulty getting an accurate measurement, according to the American Lung Association.