Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer, Purple, White, Forehead, 5-43/100″ Length, Metric
- ItemNon-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- Thermometer LocationForehead
- Measurement TypeMetric
- Readout TimeLess Than or Equal To 2 seconds
- ColorPurple, White
- StandardsFDA, CE, EN ISO 80601-2-56:2012, EN 60601-1-11:2010, RoHS/REACH, WEEE Compliant, ASTM E1965-98 (2009)
- IncludesTemperature Screening Tool, Batteries
Noncontact infrared thermometers measure the forehead temperature of adults and infants without touching the skin. Sometimes called temporal scanners, forehead thermometers read 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than oral thermometers.
Medical thermometers and temperature screening devices measure body temperature to help detect infection and illness or monitor treatment and recovery. Oral thermometers are the most commonly used type of thermometer. They provide a baseline of comparison for other temperature-taking methods. Rectal thermometers and ear thermometers give readings that are 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than oral thermometers. They are primarily used to take the temperature of infants and young children. Noncontact infrared thermometers measure forehead temperature without touching the skin.